Read More below if you're interested
Arginine, Dehydration and Low Blood Pressure
How Caffeine and Arginine Affect Your Heart
Factors that Influence How Preworkouts Affect You
- Caffeine factors (how each individual metabolizes caffeine, route of caffeine administration, other ingredients, etc…)
- Underlying heart conditions (most go undiagnosed until a cardiac mishap takes place)
- How hard the athlete pushes themselves
- Duration of the athletic event
- Hydration status
- The Condition the athlete is in
- Dose and administration of arginine
- How well the liver and kidneys are functioning
- There are several other factors that need to be considered as well.
Highway Analogy for Caffeine and Arginine
- Rely more on proper hydration rather than banking on “performance-enhancing” supplements. You can drink all the coconut water or sports drinks you want but if you take a diuretic you could be negating their effects.
- See a licensed health professional about proper training and supplementation
- Just because something is natural or over-the-counter doesn't mean it is safe.
- I've had a lot of patients come in on preworkouts and not even realize they're taking one. Be careful!
To make a long story short:
- Dehydration, diuretics (caffeine) and arginine all reduce your blood pressure, when all three of these are combined it can be fatal, especially once the body tries to maintain homeostasis and rebounds into hypertension.