Here's a list of steps you can take to become empowered over your health (click on Read More for the full blog)
1. Keep copies of your blood work and understand it
2. Know your family history
3. Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to your health, the earlier you find an issue, the easier it is to treat.
4. Seek professional healthcare, don’t peruse internet forums or medical websites to diagnose and treat yourself.
5. Don’t be ashamed or embarassed of whatever condition you have.
6. Understand your condition.
7. Be as open as you can about what’s going on, we have a lot to learn from each other.
8. Be open-minded!
9. Know correct doses for supplements
10. Read labels
11. Join health-empowering websites
12. Keep your health records organized
13. If you have a chronic health condition, keep a journal
14. Get a Doctor that you like and is open-minded
15. Have a team of healthcare practitioners looking after you.
16. Try avoiding the food you love for a month
17. Come see me!